Thursday, October 27, 2005

Shortly after crossing the ridge, Kajori complains of a headache. It started abruptly, she says, halfway up the ridge. I ask Lakpa what we should do. "You decide," he tells me. I decide to turn back. "Let's go up to Pangka", he says, "If madam feels ill we can come back." He hurries ahead to stop Jamaal Singh at the teahouse in case we decide to turn back. We make our way slowly up. Kajori's gait seems a little odd to me. So I make her take off her sunglasses to find she can't keep her eyes open. "Very sleepy," she mumbles. This is definitely Headache Plus. Without any delay, I bundle her down the ridge. At the halfway point, she seems to snap out of her drowsiness. We meet Chris' group. They are out for a short walk on the ridge. Chris wants to know if everything's okay, then nods knowingly. "Today, just sit back and enjoy the sun," he says. When they leave, I stop a Gokyo-bound porter to take a message up to Lakpa. By the time we ae back in Tashi Dele Lodge, Kajori is completely alert. Recovery, as the doctor promised, is dramatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home